Olympia Provisions Gourmet Recipes: Sausage-Bacon Wrapped with Caramelized Onion Gravy
Sausage is meat product which is cylindrical on shape that is usually made from ground pork meat, beef or veal, and an animal skin intestine around it, along with its flavorings and spices. Sold uncooked sausages can be cooked in various ways such as pan-frying, barbecuing and broiling. Today, allow us to share with you a perfect comfort specialty British-like sausage cuisine for your family, the Sausage-Bacon wrapped in Caramelized Onion Gravy.
Here are the Olympia Provisions ingredients:
150 grams plain flour
4 large eggs
350 ml semi-skimmed milk
1 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard
handful, picked and chopped woody herbs (7 sage herbs, 5 rosemary springs and 5 thyme sprigs)
2 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
10 rashers smoked steak fresh bacon
10 fat Olympia Provisions sausage
3 wedged-cut red onions
3 halved and sliced thin red onions
sunflower oil drizzle
1 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp flour
300 ml red wine
500 ml beef or chicken stock
How to Cook:
1. Place the flour in a bowl and whisk eggs once at a time, then pour the milk as you continue whisking until you achieve a lump-free and smooth batter. Add the herbs, mustard and seasoning, cover and set aside for about two hours, or you can also chill it overnight.You can also learn more about gourmet meat by checking out the post at http://www.ehow.com/how_4442776_choose-fresh-meat.html.
2. Heat the oil in a large enamel baking dish or metal roasting. In each sausage, start wrapping rasher of bacon and place them in the dish of onion wedges. Cook it for about fifteen to twenty minutes until the sausage-bacon wraps are brown and sizzling.
3. Start making your gravy by drizzling a little oil into your saucepan, add some sliced onions slowly cooking it for fifteen minutes until it is caramelized and soft. Add the balsamic sugar and sugar, cooking until sticky for five minutes.
4. When the batter achieves its double cream consistency, you can splash cold water and pour it around your sausage-bacon wraps. Cook your it in your oven set in 220 C for at least twenty-five minutes.
5. Now you can finish your gravy by stirring the flour into the onions making a paste and cook it for one to two minutes, while you're splashing wine and adding a little tame, forming a smooth and thick sauce. Cook it for few minutes until its reduced into half, adding the stock and seasoning.
6. Wait until the sausage-bacon wraps turn golden brown and are puffed. Then finally serve it with your special gravy, mash or green vegetables as you prefer, Shop Olympia Provisions now!